Repair Cast In Place AZS: a self-flow solution made of AZS grains concrete, for cold repairs
Why use Repair Cast In Place AZS in glass furnaces?
Superstructure and glass contact blocks play a critical role in the glass quality and the energy consumption of your glass furnace. The slightest defect (hole, cracks…) can provoke impurities in your glass and energy losses. By selecting the Repair Cast In Place AZS solution, you will restore the capacity and structure of your furnace, which is important for reducing energy consumption and preserving the properties of the glass produced.
Are you seeking a solution to repair your furnace during its downtime? Do you need to make a cold shutdown of your furnace for inspection? With the Repair Cast in Place AZS, our monolithic solution specifically formulated for cold repairs of tanks, superstructure and tuckstones blocks, it is possible to restore the furnace regardless of its condition, for an optimal restart. This easy-to-apply solution will allow you to repair the different parts of your furnace with high flexibility and increase its lifetime.
Benefits of the Repair Cast In Place AZS solution
Thanks to its innovative packaging method, the product base can be stored without any time limitation. By using a specific binder, it can be applied also for Repair Hot Overcoat AZS installation. Its unique formulation based on electrofused AZS grains as well as its self-leveling properties guarantee quick repair of blocks in contact with glass and the best corrosion resistance.
- Permanent stock: always available to be supplied in a very short time
- Flexibility: flexible application in most areas of the furnace – even in surprising locations
- Shutdown time: the repair critical path can be reduced with fast delivery and installation
- Less material to be ordered: reduced amount of refractories to be ordered as the existing refractories can be kept
- 3D scan service compatible: quick estimation of the corroded volume with SEFPRO 3D scan service
- No waste: no removal or waste of the worn FC AZS blocks
- On-site support: support provided during the installation to ensure all operations are successfully carried out
- Controlled heat-up: optimized furnace heat-up and successful production restart
Installation of the Repair Cast In Place AZS solution
This self-flow concrete repair product, based on electro-fused AZS grains, with pumpable, self-flow, and self-level properties, will allow you to repair glass contact areas of the furnace after a cold shutdown.
The repair operation is performed according to the following list:
- Empty the furnace and decrease its temperature above 35°C.
- Prepare the formwork in front of the corroded blocks.
- Mix the Repair AZS Premix with water and binders following the eSOP procedure (SEFPRO Care mobile app).
- Fill the form with self-flow concrete without vibrating.
- Demold after 24 hours drying.
- Heat-up following the TDS heat-up curve.
- Repair even surprise areas like the tuckstone.
- Finish filling the glass and raise the furnace to its usual working temperature.
The Repair Cast In Place AZS is an electrofused AZS grains based, self-flowing and self-leveling, hydraulic set concrete, used for glass contact as well as superstructure and tuckstone applications in partial cold furnace repairs. The use of fused cast AZS grains creates premium corrosion resistance properties and provides a great typical chemistry.
Furthermore, the unique viscosity and sintering abilities of this product will allow the creation of a strong and homogeneous layers.
Properties measured on samples:
- Bulk density: 3.2 T/m3
- Open porosity: 17%-19%
- Green CSS: 35 MPa
- Fired CCS (1400°C/2552°F): 125 MPa
SEFPRO Care aims to provide glass manufacturers with the best solution to achieve better results and greater efficiency in their glass furnaces. If you have already experienced any unpleasant surprises after a cold shutdown and if you are interested in repairing your furnace during its downtime, choose the Repair Cast In Place AZS, a high-quality solution with many benefits. Stay ahead of unexpected events and get ready to overcome any challenge that comes your way. Extend your glass furnace lifetime now!